Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all website design / hosting / development / SEO / SMO / design services provided by Limes Media to the Client.
- It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply.
- If a Client accepts a quote then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
The price quoted to the client is for the work agreed on the quotation only. Should the client decide that new features are required after work on the website commences, then we will accept these changes with the provision that additional charges may have to be negotiated and accepted by the client before the additional work can be done.
- Charges for services to be provided by Limes Media are defined in the project quotation that the Client receives via e-mail. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. Limes Media reserves the right to alter or decline to provide a quotation after expiry of the 30 days.
- Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of thirty three (33) percent of the project quotation total before the work is supplied to the Client for review. A second charge of thirty three (33) percent is required after the development stage, with the remaining thirty three (34) percent of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to upload to the server or release of materials.
- Payment for services is due by cash or bank transfer. Bank details will be made available on invoices.
- Search Engine Promotion
- We are not by default responsible for the client’s on-going web site promotion. If the client requires the site to be promoted on an ongoing basis a separate contract must be agreed.
- The order in which websites are ranked in the search results is controlled by the search engines. We will endeavour to ensure that your site is successful in the search rankings through a carefully optimised design.
- However, search engines frequently change their retrieval methods and you accept that we cannot be held responsible for future rankings under this contract.
- Compliance with Ecommerce, Accessibility or Other Regulations
- We design websites in accordance with the client’s specifications. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the website and its content comply with current regulations.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply with regulations related to accessibility, selling online or regulations related to a specific business or trade.
- We recommend that where compliance related to any website or business is complex it may be necessary for the client to take legal advice from their solicitor.
- Mobile Devices
- We endeavour to ensure that your site adapts to the screen resolution being used to view it on the most common mobile devices available at the time of the site creation.
- However, new devices and technology are introduced at frequent intervals and we cannot guarantee the site will always function perfectly on new devices that are created and launched after the site goes live.
- Web Hosting
- If the client agrees to host their site with us, then that indicates full agreement of our web hosting terms and conditions which are viewable at the main Limes Media site.
- If the site is to be hosted externally, then the client accepts that we have no control over the server performance, security or backup policies on that server and the client agrees that we have no responsibility or requirement to compensate for any loss of revenue or damage to reputation caused by poor performance, malicious behaviour on the website, downtime or data loss as a result of the client’s external hosting platform and back up strategy.
- Client Review
- Limes Media will provide the Client with an opportunity to review the appearance and content of the website during the design phase and once the overall website development is completed.
- At the completion of the project, such materials will be deemed to be accepted and approved unless the Client notifies Limes Media otherwise within ten (10) days of the date the materials are made available to the Client.
- Turnaround Time and Content Control
- Limes Media will install and publicly post or supply the Client’s website by the date specified in the project proposal, or at date agreed with Client upon Limes Media receiving initial payment, unless a delay is specifically requested by the Client and agreed by Limes Media.
- In return, the Client agrees to delegate a single individual as a primary contact to aid Limes Media with progressing the commission in a satisfactory and expedient manner.
- During the project, Limes Media will require the Client to provide website content; text, images, movies and sound files.
- Failure to provide required website content:
- Limes Media is a small business, to remain efficient we must ensure that work we have programmed is carried out at the scheduled time. On occasions we may have to reject offers for other work and enquiries to ensure that your work is completed at the time arranged.
- This is why we ask that you provide all the required information in advance. On any occasion where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame, and we are delayed as result, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. If your project involves Search Engine Optimisation we need the text content for your site in advance so that the SEO can be planned and completed efficiently.
- If you agree to provide us with the required information and subsequently fail to do within one week of project commencement we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. Simply put, all the above condition says is do not give us the go ahead to start until you are ready to do so.
- NOTE: Text content should be delivered as a Microsoft Word, email (or similar) document with the pages in the supplied document representing the content of the relevant pages on your website. These pages should have the same titles as the agreed website pages. Contact us if you need clarification on this.
- Using our content management system you are able to keep your content up to date yourself.
- Invoices will be provided by Limes Media upon completion but before publishing the live website. Invoices are normally sent via email; however, the Client may choose to receive hard copy invoices. Invoices are due upon receipt.
- Accounts that remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of the higher of one and one-half percent (1.5%) or £30 per month of the total amount due.
- Additional Expenses
Client agrees to reimburse Limes Media for any additional expenses necessary for the completion of the work. Examples would be purchase of special fonts, stock photography, plugins, content writers fees etc.
- Web Browsers
- Limes Media makes every effort to ensure websites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Websites are designed to work with the most popular current browsers (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Google Chrome, etc.). Client agrees that Limes Media cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
- Limes Media cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client.
- As such, Limes Media reserves the right to quote for any work involved in changing the website design or website code for it to work with updated browser software.
- Accounts unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of invoice will be considered in default. If the Client in default maintains any information or files on Limes Media’s Web space, Limes Media will, at its discretion, remove all such material from its web space.
- Limes Media is not responsible for any loss of data incurred due to the removal of the service. Removal of such material does not relieve the Client of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges assessed to the Client’s account.
- Cheques returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a return charge of £25 and the Client’s account will immediately be considered to be in default until full payment is received.
- Clients with accounts in default agree to pay Limes Media reasonable expenses, including legal fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred by Limes Media in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
- Termination of services by the Client must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing.
- The Client will be invoiced for design work completed to the date of first notice of cancellation for payment in full within thirty (30) days.
All Limes Media services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold Limes Media harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
- The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants Limes Media the rights to publish and use such material.
- The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party.
- The Client is further responsible for granting Limes Media permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Limes Media from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions.
- A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to Limes Media that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
- Standard Media Delivery
- Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, this Agreement assumes that any text will be provided by the Client in electronic format (ASCII text files delivered on portable data devices (USB, Hard-drive) or via e-mail or FTP) and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided physically in high quality print suitable for scanning or electronically in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format.
- Although every reasonable attempt shall be made by Limes Media to return to the Client any images or printed material provided for use in creation of the Client’s website, such return cannot be guaranteed.
- Design Credit
- A link to Limes Media will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design.
- If a client requests that the design credit be removed, a nominal fee of 10% of the total development charges will be applied. When total development charges are less than £5000, a fixed fee of £500 will be applied.
- The Client also agrees that the website developed for the Client may be presented in Limes Media’s portfolio.
- Access Requirements
- If the Client’s website is to be installed on a third-party server, Limes Media must be granted temporary read/write access to the Client’s storage directories which must be accessible via FTP.
- Depending on the specific nature of the project, other resources might also need to be configured on the server.
- If the client storage cannot be accessed Limes Media will set-up a temporary sub domain for design purposes and a backup sent to the client for later upload.
- Post-Placement Alterations
Limes Media cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the Client’s pages once installed. Such alterations include, but are not limited to additions, modifications or deletions.
- Domain Names
Limes Media may purchase domain names on behalf of the Client. Payment and renewal of those domain names is the responsibility of the Client. The loss, cancellation or otherwise of the domain brought about by non or late payment is not the responsibility of Limes Media. The Client should keep a record of the due dates for payment to ensure that payment is received in good time.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s signature below or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Payment online is an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by English Law.
- Limes Media hereby excludes itself, its Employees and or Agents from all and any liability from:
- Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
- Loss or damage caused by omission;
- Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
- Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
- The entire liability of Limes Media to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and the Agreement shall not be void for this reason alone. Such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable valid, legal and enforceable provision, which comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid.